Monday, October 1, 2012

The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson

My kids and I are big fans of Julia Donaldson... And our love affair with her started with this book which I bought when my 1st born was 2 years old i.e. 5 years ago...  The book is very worn now cos it is a frequent bedtime story
 
 
The book may be a bit too long for a 2 year old, but just right I find for a 3 year old... But I guess it all depends on the reader... My then 2 year old loved it... Gonna try it on my current 2 year old soon...
 
The kids loved the part where the tiny snail was able to help out the enormous whale... I suppose they managed to relate to the possibility that "Hey... I am small too... But just like the snail, maybe I can make a big difference too..."
 
The partnership with Axel Scheffler makes the story all the more magical... The colours and attention to detail given by Axel Scheffler brings out the story so well.
 
A book which I will always treasure and plan to pass down to my grandkids.
 
4.5 stars!!!!
 
Some post-story activity...
 
Helps that there is a play coming up. I was more excited when I saw it, then my kids ;o)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment