Monday, October 15, 2012

Back from the hiatus

Hi... I'm back from my hiatus...Actually, we've finished our last trove of library books, so I kinda ran out of books to write about.   We did read 3 other books by Lynley Dodd and Mo Willems but I thought it best not to review them lest i bore myself repeating fantastic reviews of 2 of my family's favourite authors.  Instead I will just list the stories that we read, for record sake -

  1. I am going! By Mo Willems
  2. Are you ready to play outside by Mo Willemstad
  3. Hairy maclary's caterwaul caper by Lynley Dodd
But I do have this to say about Mo Willems Elephant and Piggie series... It is an amazing series which I personally find so useful in teaching reading cos 
  1. It's fun to read
  2. Words are simple and repetive
  3. Pictures are expressive
Now that we've got reinforcements from the library after our escapade there this morning ( we were actually there at 10.55 waiting for the door to open...) there'll be more books to read, to review, to share and more authors to discover...  So let the exploration and fun begin!

Pssst..... I have so many pssts tonight... Cos i have so many plans for next few books to write about. So do bear with this easily excited soul.

(I) Sneak peek into the new books we got today -

  • Mr McGee and the big bag of bread by Pamela Allen (love this author)
  • Hodge the hedgehog by Amy Sparkes
  • Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert


(II) Searching for this great book on children's poetry : The Puffin book of modern Cjildren's verse..poetry for children is another blog on its own.

(III) Reviews on books for young Muslim readers

No comments:

Post a Comment