Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stellaluna by jannel cannon


Hands up to those who have either watched the cartoon, listened/watched the interactive version of the story or read the story book???  Yes, that is how hot this story is.

We were 1st introduced to the story not through the book, but through an interactive cd where a narrator would read the story with the characters seemingly coming alive on the computer screen.  So when my mother (who used to work in the library and was tasked to dispose some old books for pulping) brought this book home, I was simply thrilled.

Then, me and my daughter were so drawn by the way the narrator told the story in the cd, that every time we read the story we would read it the same way as the narrator. It tells about a young bat, Stellaluna, who got lost and ended up being raised by a mother bird together with her 3 nestlings. Stellaluna grew up like a bird, until 1 eventful day she rediscovered her bat instincts, and things start to change.

It's a classic story about how we are all different but the same as well....I didn't know y I chose this book 2 nights ago...but I hv a feeling it was subconsciously influenced by the saga that happened on cyberspace last Monday (if u guys can remember).  

"How can we be so different and feel so much alike?" mused Flitter? "And how can we feel so different and be so much alike?" wondered Pip.  "I think this is quite a mystery," Flap chirped."I agree," said Stellaluna. "But we're friends. And that's a fact."  How true...

At the end of story thee is a section detailing more about bat facts... Great book...

For this story which teaches values of tolerance, acceptance and differences I give it 4.5 stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment