Friday, February 15, 2013

Spot's Storybook by Eric Hill

 
Eric Hill's Spot series have been a favourite in my family for its simple yet amusing storyline. However, I would like to single out this particular book. Why?

First : I have been a big fan of books which have a compilation of stories in... them. Why? For one it is economical, as you can get many many stories in one book. This book has 14 stories, at an average of 10 pages per story. Two, it is easier to bring around especially when you are on holidays and you'd prefer not to lug around many storybooks to read during bedtime in the hotel room.

Second: The words are big and clear, very suitable for early readers. In fact I bought this book when my gal was 2. And she loved it. Now at the age of 8, when I read this book to the younger two, she would still remark at how she used to read this book when she was small, and exclaim to the younger ones how much she loved it.

This evening, I read this story to my soon to be 3-year-old for her bedtime. It was supposed to be 1 story, but I ended up reading 2 LOOOONG stories. So that's how much appeal this book has.

So go on, check it out ;-)
See More

No comments:

Post a Comment