Saturday, February 16, 2013

Are you my Mother? by PD Eastman

 
Soooo cuuute... That's the first impression I got after reading this book. And indeed it was. 
 
Initially when my 3 year old chose the book from the library bookshelf, I thought... Hmmm.. Another book introducing lil' kids to animals and their young? So I was hesitant to read it. But I reminded myself that one of the ways to inculcate the love for reading in my child, is to allow her to choose her books (as long as they are decent, grammatically correct, and do not propagate any values that contradict me and my family's). So, we sat down on the green IKEA chair and started reading.
 
It was a pleasure to read.  Yes, there was the typical "Are you my Mother" line... But the difference with this book and other "Are you my Mother" books is the wit in the words used.  The illustrations also do justice to the book, in bringing out the nestling's determination in wanting to find his mum.
 
The best part comes at the end. And you would have to pick this book up, to know what it is. So what are you waiting for? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment